Friday, June 8, 2007

A round of applause please for the newest member of the working poor (me)!!!

(11:45) Well so I've missed a couple of days and I realized if I missed many more it would become a habit. So here I am again to solve a curiosity as to what's going on in my life.
I had my second interview with Papadeaux's today and the manager said he would call me tomorrow to let me know for sure what his decision is. Before I left the interview though he told me that he didn't see any reason as to why he couldn't offer me a position. On more than one occasion he told me he would call and let me know when my new training class would start. So since Jesus ( and I pronounce that in Spanish [which leads me to a point of digression... so IN JEST I want to marry someone Latino but his name has to be Jesus. The purpose behind this is so that I can name a son Jesus Jr. I laugh so hard every time I think of this, anyway. My Black Southern Baptist family would be so appalled that that I named my child Jesus that they would all out refuse to call him that. Hence my master plan that's how the Jr. would come into play. Instead of calling him Jesus they could call him J.J. And I and my husband would know that really his name is Jesus. Sorry maybe if I were to tell you these "brilliant" ideas they would come across as a lot more funny]) told me it would be so I'm pretty confident that I got the job. I would start the job Tuesday at the latest and would train for 7 shifts or roughly two weeks.
I would also like to take this opportunity to set the record straight. Any job I get while in Atlanta is temporary. I will go to graduate school!!! While in graduate school I will not work more than an assistantship would require. I am dedicated to my studies and plan to one day become a professor.
Now that we got that under control let's have a very very brief combo about a particular white woman who remain nameless that has received some special privileges as of late. Have you ever seen the movie "Friday After Next?" If so or not allow me to expose you to or refresh your memory on a particular scene. At the beginning of the movie they introduce the main characters parents and uncle with a new family business called Bro's Barbecue. The slogan at Bro's Barbecue is "Barbecue so good you'll want to slap yo momma." Then the main character's father does in fact, much to the surprise of his mother, slap his momma. The reason I take you to Africa before getting to Atlanta (if you knew I lived in Smyrna 15 min from ATL it would make sense) is because someone needs to slap Ms. H.... oops almost said it, a particular white woman who will remain nameless' momma. Then I have an additional list, rather lengthy I might add, of white folks that need to be slapped. To prove that I am an equal opportunity batterer there is a Black woman on Fox news with a wandering eye I'd like to slap as well. To me her working on fox news is like strippers who claim to be working their way through college. Really?!? HELL NO!!!
Ok just needed to get that off my chest. I'm better now. The work outs have been good. I have been walking at least 20 minutes a day two to three times a day. As far as diet is concerned that's a bigger issue.
Lastly, since my twenty minutes is almost up I just want to say thank you for all the people who have been so diligent in keeping in touch. It has been so good to talk to my friends on the phone, via email, or those who have posted comments. I don't publish the comments because I feel like they are for me but it means a lot that you are showing your love in that way. Thank you.
I miss you all and love you. Have a great weekend!

No comments: